1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 rashers lean back bacon, rind removed chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of chilli flakes
400g chopped tomatoes
150g pasta (I used Pasta senza glutine by Dialcos)
- Cook the onions, garlic and bacon gently in the oil until softened.
- Add the chilli flakes and tomatoes and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then blend until as smooth as possible.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, and reheat the tomato sauce.
- Add a little of the cooking water from the pasta to the sauce and stir.
- Add the pasta to the sauce when it is cooked (there might be too much sauce, which can be saved in the fridge or frozen- so use your own judgment).
- It is ready!