Feeding my children is always a challenge. Despite feeding them a wide variety of fresh foods as babies, they have developed very precise likes and dislikes. If only they were the same as each other. I won’t go into the full list, but suffice to say it often gives me a headache! So when I come across a dish that they both like, I feel like shouting it from the rooftops! This is one of those dishes! YAY!
Keema Curry– serves 8
1kg Lean minced beef
2 Onions, finely chopped
4 tbsp. medium gluten free curry powder (I used madras)
800g Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm dice
400ml beef stock
400g chopped tomatoes
400g Can of gluten free cream of tomato soup (I used Heinz) or another tin of chopped tomatoes- I only had one, so the soup was an improvisation!
150g frozen peas
Salt and pepper
- Brown the mince and onion in a large pan for 5 minutes, breaking the mince up with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the curry powder and cubed potatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the stock, chopped tomatoes and tomato soup.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Serve with rice or gluten free naan bread.
* It also freezes well, so great for batch cooking.