Gluten Free Flour Mix (makes more than you need for this recipe- store the leftover flour in an airtight container for up to 6 months)
300g fine cornmeal
500g rice flour
- Mix thoroughly.
Gluten Free Pizza Base
1 tsp. sugar
14g Easy Blend Dried Yeast
300g Gluten Free Flour Mix (see above)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 level teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Whatever you want as long as they’re gluten free!
- Dissolve the sugar in 150ml of the warm water. Stir in the yeast and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes, until the yeast has frothed up.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6
- Place the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and liquid along with the oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the remaining water. Mix thoroughly until you have a smooth, slightly wet dough.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 15 minutes (the airing cupboard is ideal or your kitchen if it is warm enough).
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Once it has risen, divide dough into to equally sized balls.
- Place one ball on each baking sheet, cover with a second sheet of baking parchment and flatten each to form a 20cm circle.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the toppings of your choice.
- Return the pizzas to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.