If you like sweet things, then this is for you. I’ve added freeze-dried raspberries between each layer- they look pretty and make a nice contrast to the sweetness. Your sweet tooth will thank you, but your dentist might not!
375g sweetened condensed milk
375g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
300g desiccated coconut
Pink edible food colouring
2 tbsp. freeze dried raspberries (If you are in the UK, you can buy them from Waitrose in the baking section)
- In a large bowl mix together the condensed milk and icing sugar with a wooden spoon, until fully combined and very stiff.
- Divide the mixture in two and add a small amount of food colouring to one half.
- Dust a board with icing sugar, and shape each half into an equally sized rectangle.
- Sprinkle the raspberries on one of the halves, and then place the other half on top.
- Roll with a rolling pin, reshaping into a neat rectangle as you go, until you have a neat rectangle about 3cm thick.
- Leave to set, uncovered on the board for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
They can be stored for up to a month in an airtight container and make a lovely gift, presented in a cellophane bag or pretty box.