I made these delicious cookies, by adapting a recipe from Food for Living, by Rachel Allen, so that they were gluten free. They lasted long enough to take the photos- and then they were gone!
100g crunchy peanut butter
100g butter, softened
125g light muscovado sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
125g plain chocolate, chopped
175g gluten free plain flour
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl beat the peanut butter, softened butter, sugar and vanilla extract until soft and creamy.
- Gradually beat in the egg and then add the chocolate.
- Stir in the flour, xanthan gum bicarbonate of soda and salt until well mixed.
- Using wet hands roll the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut, and then place them spaced well apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until lightly golden.
- Carefully place the cookies on a wire rack to cool.