2 tbsp. oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
975g frozen peas
1.5ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp. cream to garnish
- Cook the onion gently in oil until softened but not coloured.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the peas, followed by the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and then blend in a food processor in 3 batches, until smooth or use a hand blender.
- Return the soup to the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste and the pour into warmed bowls.
- Swirl a teaspoon of cream into each bowl of soup to garnish.