Victoria Sponge, Carrot Cake, Coffee cake, Lemon Drizzle Cake, Fruit Cake, I love all of them.
But not all cakes have to be sweet. I love these cakes too!
Thai Salmon Cakes with Crunchy Carrot Salad – serves 2
2 Skinless, boneless salmon fillets (about 300g) cut into chunks
2 tsp. Thai red curry paste
½ small bunch fresh coriander
1 tbsp. coconut oil
For the salad
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. honey
Small piece fresh ginger, finely grated
2 large carrots, cut into very thin matchsticks
3 spring onions, sliced into very thin matchsticks (fiddly, but worth it)
1 red chilli, deseeded and shredded lengthways.
Handful of coriander leaves
- Warm the honey and vinegar gently in a small saucepan until they are blended together.
- Add the ginger. Set aside to cool.
- Place the salmon, curry paste and coriander into a food processor.
- Pulse until it is roughly chopped.
- Form into 2 cakes.
- Cover and chill until needed (I had this on two consecutive lunches, and the second cakes was fine the next day)
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in the dressing and put on plates.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Cook the salmon cakes for 2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Place on top of the salad and serve straight away.