Like a lot of food lovers, I have a large collection of recipe books lining my bookshelves (bedside table, desk, kitchen shelves, coffee table- you get the picture!)
I tend to use favourite recipes over and over again and unless I’m entertaining, those recipe books remain on the shelves. I recently vowed to look at all of my books, as I’m sure that there are some recipes that are worthy of joining the favourites list!
I found a book called ‘Food for Living’ by Rachel Allen on my shelves, and thought that I should try some of her recipes instead of just looking at the pictures (in the same kind of way that I ‘watch’ exercise DVD’s!)
I often adapt recipes to either make them gluten free or to use the ingredients I already have. However some recipes shouldn’t be changed and certainly can’t be improved and Lemon Honey Chicken is one of those. Not only does it look delicious, it smells wonderful as it is cooking!
4 chicken legs
2 lemons, juiced, save the lemons
2 tbsp. honey
Salt and pepper to taste
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish, skin side up.
- Mix the lemon juice with the honey and pour over the chicken. Place the remaining lemon in the baking dish with the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and tuck the rosemary sprigs in between the chicken legs.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven discarding the lemons.
- Serve with rice or roast potatoes and green beans.